What we learn in this post
Test cases for bank application or test scenarios for bank application or bank applicationTest case:In this post, we will learn how to write test cases for banking application in excel sheet. And in our previous post, we also have test templates for Amazon search functionality. Each bank has its own flow for transferring money.
So it is difficult to generalize the flow for all banks. So I'm trying to come up with a flow that most banks are likely to have in their money transfer process. You may find many differences depending on the type of bank you use.
|Post to:||Test case for bank application|
|Post Type:||Test case template|
|Valid for:||Freshers & Experience|
|You have registered:||Our Telegram group|
But before you start writing the test cases for banking applications, you need to understand the following things:
(Video) investment banking industry test cases| How to write test cases manual test| software testing
What is online banking?
In online banking, customers and bothering organizations use an online method of transferring money using an online application. Currently, in the 21st century, most people use this method to transfer money because it is faster and also they do not have to wait for a long time in the queue to make a single transaction.
Using this method, you can perform various function related money transfers like receiving money, paying bills and so many other functions as well.
(Video) How to write test cases in manual tests with template
- Test case for text field
- Test case for the text box
- Test case for tooltip
- Test case for website elements
- Test case for uploading a webpage file
- Test Case for Website URL
But when dealing with any banking app, both the developer and the testers ensure that the app works smoothly across all browsers and devices. And the web application also protects against all cyber threats and the performance also does not decrease during peak working hours.
Testing banking applications
There are many aspects that give priority to QA experts while auditing any Banking Application:
- Functionality test:All modules work as expected (both as standalone components and after all separate modules are integrated)
- Usability test:Most of the times, those who use banking applications who are not proficient PC users. So for them, the form should be clear and have a user-friendly interface.
- Performance Test:As this is developed for users, the performance of the application should also be faster. And the app should work properly on various platforms.
- Safety test:As with using a banking app, people will use it to transfer money. So it is one of the highest prioritiestasks for the organization to develop the application in such a way that it meets standard security guidelines.
So in this post, we will discuss the natural flow of the Banking Application with some key scenarios:
(Video) How to write TEST CASES in Manual Testing | Software testing
Trial steps for banking transactions
So here are the necessary steps that we follow when we perform any currency transfer operation:
- Go to the login page on the bank's website.
- Enter username and password.
- Go to the money transfer page.
- Add the beneficiary you want to transfer money to.
- Check the bank account and person details. Verify that they are correct.
- Select the specific money transfer method from NEFT/RTGS or SWIFT transfer options.
- Select the beneficiary name and funds, then submit the details.
- Verify the amount and other details on the verification page.
- Click submit for final fund transfer action.
Whatever steps you see above, that's the fundamental flow we're covering here. And maybe if you go to another area, then it might be something different from the above scenario.
For example, some of you may have SMS authentication before sending the money. Some of you may have other means of verifying the payee details to avoid sending the money to the wrong person. However, having said that, the flow is pretty much the same for most banks.
Another different process followed by different banks maybe when it comes to adding a payee regardless of the fields you see now in the image below which may vary from bank to bank. So the image below shows the number of fields for which you can also validate and write test cases.
If you add the test cases for each page, then the test cases will be many covering the basic aspects of testing.
What Jobs Can You Get With a Business Administration Degree?What is Business Analysis and What does a Business Analyst doWhat is an Internet Marketing Manager? | heap academy39 (sneaky but great) free advertising ideas
Test scripts for money transfer banking application
- Verify the bank's websiteURL.
- Verify if the bank website URL has HTTPS in the address bar and URL.
- Verify that the login page on the bank's website does not look fake.
- Verify that the bank's login page has a username and password.
- Verify if the username and password are accepted or not.
- Verify if SMS authentication is enabled after login.
- Verify if the user is redirected to the dashboard after passing all authentication processes.
- Verify if the user has access to the online money transfer feature.
- Check if the user can transfer money option is available during that period (9am to 5pm).
- Check if the fund transfer option shows a notification for after-hours transactions.
- Verify if the user can add the beneficiary.
- Verify if the payee details can be verified.
- Verify if the fund transfer option allows NEFT or RTGS option for nationalized money transfers.
- Verify if the fund transfer page asks for beneficiary name, IFSC code, bank name, fund amount and purpose of transfer.
- Verify if the fund transfer page asks for PAN number if the number of funds is more than 50k.
- Check if the funds transfer page has 2-step authentication before you finalize the transfer.
- Check whether the interbank fund transfer is instant or not.
- Check the time it takes for money to be transferred between business hours.
- Check the time it takes for money to be transferred between off hours.
- Check whether the notification of the transferred amount is sent to the sender and the recipient.
- Check if the amount is transferred to the exact person listed as the beneficiary.
In addition to this flow, there are a few other scenarios. also we are now added to this post. I hope this also gives you a little idea about writing a bank application test case.
Test Cases For Banking Application – Net Banking Application
- Check that the user can log in with a valid username and password
- Check that the user is able to perform basic financial transactions
- Check that the user can add a beneficiary with a valid name and account information
- Check that the user is able to make financial transactions to the added beneficiary
- Check that the user can add the decimal number to the amount (limited to 2 numbers)
- Check that the user cannot add the negative number to the amount field.
- The Check user is only allowed to transfer funds if there is a correct account balance.
- Check that there is a confirmation check for financial transactions
- Check the user a confirmation receipt after the successful financial transaction.
- Check that the customer is able to send money to multiple people
- Check that the user is allowed to change the password
- Check account details also reflect financial transactions.
- Check that user with invalid password is not allowed to login.
- Check after repeated login attempts with incorrect password (within limits), user should be banned.
- Timeout control feature is applied
- Check if either username or password is empty, the user is not allowed to login. The user should also be notified.
Manual Test Cases For Banking Application – Admin
- Check that the administrator can log in with valid credentials and cannot log in with an invalid credential date.
- Check that the administrator can log in without the valid test data.
- Check all application links for admin role.
- Check that the administrator can change the password with valid data and should not allow the change with invalid data.
- Ensure that recently used test data should not allow reuse.
- Check whether the administrator can connect successfully or not.
Bank Application Tests – New Branch
- Select With valid data, you can create a new branch.
- Check with invalid data. You are not allowed to add a branch.
- Select to attempt to create a new branch with the existing test data.
- Check that the reset, cancel and submit button are working as expected or not.
- Try to update branch items with valid and invalid test data.
- Try to update the industry data with test data.
- Update branch data with existing branch test data
- Check if the cancel button is working or not.
- Control branch deletion with and without dependencies is allowed.
- Check that the user should be able to search and locate the Branch.
Test Cases for Banking Application in Excel Sheet – New Role
Let's now look at some of the sample tests for the Bank application that add a new role.
(Video) Software testing using excel - How to create test cases
- Check whether you can create a new role with valid data or not.
- Check if you can generate test data without test data.
- Verify the new role with the existing test data
- Review role description and role types.
- Check that Cancel & Submit works as expected or not.
- Check if you can delete a role without a dependency.
- Check that all links to the new role work as expected.
If you want to add some more points, please let us know about them. Now we will move on to other test cases of banking applications for customers & visitors.
Test cases for banking application in Excel sheet – Customers & Visitors
- Check that all links in the Client and Visitors modules work as expected.
- Check that all clients can connect with their valid credentials.
- Check if the Client cannot connect with the invalid date.
- Then check the number of failed account logins. then the user account should be locked for that day or not.
Test Cases for Banking Application – Adding New Users
- Check if you can add a new user with valid data.
- Check that the correct validation messages are displayed by entering invalid data.
- Check after adding a user the correct branch details should be displayed.
- Check that all links work as expected.
- Check that all buttons work as expected.
- Check validation messages are displayed when invalid data is entered when updating user details.
- Check the warning message when you click the submit button without changing details during an update.
- Check to delete user function works as expected or not.
Banking Application Tests Pdf – New Account
- Check all mandatory fields and their corresponding validation messages.
- Check all optional fields and their corresponding validation messages.
- Check after filling all the required fields, click submit and check whether the new user has been added or not.
- Check after depositing the amount in the account if the updated balance is displayed or not.
- Check whether the user can withdraw the amount or not.
- Check after withdrawing the amount if the balance is updated or not.
- Check all the entered details displayed in the user profile section.
- Check if a primary account is provided or not when this is a secondary account.
- Check whether the company details are provided or not if it is a current account.
- Check whether the receipt is provided or not if it is a joint account.
- The zero checking account is maintained in a salary account.
- Check if you can maintain zero or less than the minimum balance for a non-salary account.
Field of Tests for Bank Account Number
To check the bank account number field, just follow the steps below.
Bank account number: SSSSXXNNNNNNNN (eg 35010100008033)
- SSSS- The first four digits of your account number are your Service Exit ID [SOL ID]
- XX-The fifth and sixth digits of your Account Number indicate the Plan Type (01-09).
The different types of shapes are:
01 – Saving,
02 – Current Account
03 – Term Deposit
04 – Overdraft
05 – Cash credit
06 – Loans
07 – Packaging credit
08 – Domestic accounts
09 – Foreign accounts
81 – FI accounts under SB 150
NNNNNNNN – The remaining -8- digits denote the current serial number.
Sample Test Cases for Bank Account Number Field
- Check the accounting field by entering a valid account number.
- Check the accounting field by entering an invalid account number.
- Check the account number field by entering the account number with more than 14 digits.
- Check the account number field by entering the account number with less than 14 digits.
- Check the account number by entering 14 zeros.
- Check if the accounting field allows alphabets and special characters.
- Check the account number field by entering the alphanumeric value.
- Check if the account number field allows a blank value.
- Check whether any warning message is displayed or not by entering an invalid account number.
- Check if a message is displayed when the user enters an account number that does not exist.
- Check if the user is allowed to paste the account number in the account number field.
- Check that when users enter any closed account number.
- Check that when the user enters an account number with a space between them.
Top Civil Engineering Companies to Work For in 2022 - EngineeringClicks7 new technologies that will improve your business processesHow to Do Keyword Research for SEO: A Beginner's GuideHow to set up and use ExpressVPN on Fritz!Box (in 2022)
(Video) User Acceptance Test (UAT) Case Template xls | testingshala user registration examples
I hope we can cover the very basic test scenario of Bank Application. While investigating these in the above scenario, if you find any missing test cases in the Bank App, then you can report those scenarios in the comments section.
If you want to contribute something to Softwaretestingo.com regarding Bank Apps or other topics or tools then you can write us firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Test cases for Amazon, Flipkart in Excel sheet.
2. ESIC UDC Computer Skill Test 2022 | Ms Excel set-1 (paid pdf)
3. How to write test cases in Excel
4. how to write test scripts for google pay mobile app | testingshala
5. How to Pass the Excel Assessment Test for Work Applications - Step by Step Guide with Work XLSX Files
6. 1260 Checks and Expenses Form 1260 QuickBooks Online 2023
Author: Melvina Ondricka
last update: 10/06/2023
Assessment: 4.8 / 5 (68 voted)
Critics: 83% of readers found this page useful
Information about the author
Name: Melvina Ondricka
Address: Suite 382 139 Shaniqua Locks, Paulaborough, UT 90498
Work: Dynamic Government Specialist
Hobby: Kite flying, Watching movies, Knitting, Model building, Reading, Wood carving, Paintball
Introduction: My name is Melvina Ondricka, I am a helpful, fancy, friendly, innocent, excellent, courageous, thoughtful person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.
- Check if all visitor and customer links are working properly.
- Double-check the customer's login with valid and invalid test data.
- Check the customer's login without any data.
- Check the banker login without any data.
- Check the banker's login with valid or invalid test data.
- Step 1: Build a Test case Repository. Mention the basic details such as Project Name, Prepared By (Tester's Name), Prepared for (Developer's Name), Document Purpose, Application Type, Date and Version. ...
- Step 2: Create a Test Case Matrix. ...
- Step 3: Make a Detailed Sheet.
It is a document that outlines the steps, inputs, and expected results for a specific test scenario. A test case template is used to plan and organize software testing efforts, ensuring that all necessary test cases are executed and that any defects are identified and tracked.How do I create a test case template? ›
- Step 1 – Test Case ID. Each test case should be illustrated by a unique ID. ...
- Step 2 – Test Case Description. ...
- Step 3 – Pre-Conditions. ...
- Step 4 – Test Steps. ...
- Step 5 – Test Data. ...
- Step 6 – Expected Result. ...
- Step 7 – Post Condition. ...
- Step 8 – Actual Result.
- Test Case ID: Test Case ID will be the test case number of story number in JIRA.
- Test Case Description: The description will be a short description of the functionality.
- Assumptions: Assumptions should be mentioned in the assumptions columns if any.
In cell B2, type =PROPER(A2), then press Enter. This formula converts the name in cell A2 from uppercase to proper case. To convert the text to lowercase, type =LOWER(A2) instead. Use =UPPER(A2) in cases where you need to convert text to uppercase, replacing A2 with the appropriate cell reference.How do I upload a test case from Excel to ALM? ›
- Open Microsoft Excel. Go to the Micro Focus ALM Upload Add-in tab, and click Login. The ALM Login dialog box opens.
- Enter your domain and project.
- To set your proxy settings, click Show Proxy Settings. By default, the connection is done via the system proxy settings. ...
- Click Login.
- Create a new branch with valid and invalid test data.
- Create a new branch without data.
- Create a new branch with existing branch data.
- Verify the reset and cancel options.
- Update branch details with valid and invalid test data.
Banking Domain Testing is a software testing process of a banking application for functionality, performance, and security. The main purpose of testing banking application is to ensure that all the activities and functionalities of a banking software run smoothly with no errors and it remains protected.How do you write a test case for a simple login page? ›
- Log in with valid credentials.
- Check the Show Password feature.
- Check the Remember Me checkbox.
- Check the autofill.
- Check the Log Out button.
- Restore the password with a registered email.
- Check the Forgot Password email.
- Create a new password using valid data.
Testing financial applications involves gathering and analysing requirements, developing a comprehensive test plan, designing test cases, executing tests and documenting results, tracking and managing defects, conducting user acceptance testing, performance testing, security testing, and regression testing to ensure ...